Correct position of the patient's body and proper blowing is the key to the accurate spirometry test. Guide the patient well before performing the maneuver! In this video we demonstrate the proper position of body, correct placement of the nose clip and handling of the flow transducer.
1. Patient should be sitting up straight.
2. Both feet should be kept firmly on the floor for extra steadiness.
3. Placing of the nose clip - make sure that both nostrils are completely blocked. Always use a nose clip during a spirometry test to prevent air from escaping through the nose.
4. Holding of the SpiroSafe flow transducer and correct placing into mouth. Guide the patient to firmly seal their lips around the SpiroSafe flow transducer to prevent air from escaping pass their lips. Medikro Grip should be used to prevent patient hand from blocking the SpiroSafe flow transducer.
5. Start and end every maneuver with normal breathing through the SpiroSafe flow transducer.
6. Performing of the blow. Make sure, that patient remains sitting up straight, despite of the urge to bend forward.
Have more questions? Submit your request here.