Before conducting the test, we recommend to check the video about guiding the patient into the correct position and blowing.
In this video we demonstrate how to perform an FVC manoeuvre, using Medikro Spirometry Software (MSS).
FVC, forced expiratory vital capacity manoeuvre:
1. Place the flow transducer in the patient's mouth. The patient should breathe in a relaxed/normal rate and frequency through the flow transducer.
2. Start the measurement by selecting the FVC button.
3. The patient inspires slowly and long.
4. The patient expires fast and strongly, at least until the indicator changes to green.
5. The patient returns to normal, relaxed breathing.
6. Finish the measurement by selecting the STOP button.
7. Remove the flow transducer from the patient's mouth.
Have more questions? Submit your request here.